E. Piphanie

He who knows nothing, loves nothing. He who can do nothing understands nothing. He who understands nothing is worthless. But he who understands also loves, notices, sees...The more knowledge is inherent in a thing, the greater the love...Anyone who imagines that all fruits ripen at the same time as the strawberries knows nothing about grapes. --Paracelsus

Friday, July 26, 2002

thank you God.
i thank you for my brothers. i thank you for my sisters. i thank you Lord Jesus for all the things you have blessed me with, for all the lessons you have taught me, for all the precious memories that will leave great impressions on my little heart, for all the overwhelming love i have received during the past several months and i am sure the many more months to come. how did i get so lucky? what have i done to deserve all the love i have been receiving, all the relationships that have truly truly been real?

Last night was my last real lumps night. I say that because God knows I will come back again one day, but I know it’s not going to be the same. I will be a visitor. I never realized that this day would come so soon…I remember coming up to SF, hoping to return to Irvine after six months. It’s been nearly a year, and I do not want to leave. Yes, I will leave my heart in San Francisco, not for the place—but for the people. God is so good. He is an awesome God. Impeccable timing. Superb plan. How did I get so lucky in being one of his beloved children?

I remember telling a brother that I’d definitely return in the future. I don’t know anymore. The 50-50 chance of returning does not scare me. In fact, I don’t want to replace the image of what I have here with new memories on SF in the future. Silly, huh? The uncertainty of my future leaves me with a soft unspoken smile. How amazing that I can feel so safe and so assured that I can simply lay my head down, lift my hands and pray. Pray for only hope.

Her warm smile. An older sister who I will miss for sure, she has and will continue to be an important part of my life. Singing, crying when praying, loving, telling the honest truth. Love and truth come hand in hand, as pJwoo has said. An inspiration since day one. Drama. Haha. Always. So many things alike. So many things different. Passionate. Older, wiser, trendy, hip. So beautiful, the friendship. Don’t cry, bonnie. Don’t. her touch on my shoulder when she walked in. picture. Take off jean jacket. Leave it on, it’s you. breakfast, lunch, dinner...becoming a woman of freedom. leave it all up to Him.

jon ho.
the end.

workout buddy. let's run. let's go. running along great highway in the morning...twice...and only twice. land's end. he's the goofiest brother i know! number 3? what? how dare! 24 hour fitness...boy did i feel uncomfortable at first. it's not like i know you. heck, i don't know even know you, who are you anyways? ski retreat, teaching me how to snowboard on the correct side. too tall, man, too tall. brother's internet cafe room. the long chats and the deep talks have left me feeling like i've found another girlie confidant---someone who understands and who takes time out of his not-so-busy schedule to hear my whines and prayers. every time i want to cry, every time i get frustrated, he checks up on me to make sure that i'm okay, and that i'm not overreacting. high school boys in his room. haha. so many, i feel outnumbered. brownie. eck...try MY banana bread. oldsckool mixes. he reminds me to be myself. he tells me to smile. he calls me ugly. he asks for all my possessions when i am sick. 2 lines, buddy. 2 lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home